Monday, November 1, 2010

Four is better than two

Today is a FIRST here in the office as it is the first day that instead of there being two (well dressed) feet under my desk there is also four paws. My puppy Luna came in to work with me today and has been an absolute angel! We just got her on Thursday of last week and she had us running around all weekend with her, trying to quickly adjust to her schedule, needs, etc.


It is all completely worth it though as she is so adorable and loving it's insane. I have received approval from my manager to bring her into work for the first few months just to get her properly trained and we will see how it goes from there and I really think this set up is going to work. She is very timid at work, for now but mostly just sleeps and chews her toys. I know in time she will get more curious but by then everyone at the office will be used to her and love her just as much as I do. I am lucky to work in such a small branch full of such wonderful people otherwise this wouldn't be possible - so I am super grateful! I would hate to leave a puppy at home all day alone and so I am really happy it works out.


I tried to get approval from the branch head honcho, but because he is never in the office, or when he is too busy to speak to me, I made a judgement call without his OK. So when he comes in tomorrow I am sure he will be in for a surprise. He better be OK with it though as I am not returning her. Not for anything.


Other than that, as we are still short staffed I have been answering phone for customer service all day! Putting out fires, solving problems, recommending things, etc, etc. so it has been a full day with almost no time to spare. Thank God it slows down close to the end of the day so I have time to blog!


I have posted more pics to my twitter account @ingreatshoes of Luna (the new olde english bulldogge pup) so feel free to check that out!


Now it's time to train her not to eat my GREAT shoes. :)