Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Top Model

Today (in about an hour from now) is Luna's first modelling gig.


I say that because she will be demo-ing one of our veterinary products to an inquisitive Calgary vet. She is currently catching up on her beauty sleep to prepare.


On a similar vane note, I have finally stepped back into heels after avoiding it for over a week for fear of puppy knocking me off them. I figured I would just suck it up and see how it goes. So far, so good. No major spills as yet. Granted, I am only wearing about a 3.5 inch heel so there really wouldn't be that far to fall, but I need to start small. I don't trust myself yet in my preferred heel height (5 inches plus) with Luna becoming more excitable by the day. She has these random bursts of energy that to be honest just tire me out. So high high heels + crazy puppy = not the best idea.


I miss those heels though. I can hear them call my name from my closet as they resent my new puppy in unison. They want me back. Soon enough heels, soon enough. I am working up to it as we speak.


This really shouldn't be that hard. There must be an appropriate way to mix fido and fashion. Dog hair on everything really isn't cute though - as inevitable as it is. I just need to invest in a lot of those sticky rollers and hide them in my purse, desk and car. Then I may succeed!


As long as I don't start smelling like puppy I think I will be ok!


Wish me luck on trying to achieve balance between k9 & couture....in great shoes!