Thursday, August 12, 2010

The day of days

How does one begin to describe the day I have been experiencing today...in a word - incredible. I have done so many things today that most people DREAM of doing and it's not even five p.m. It was an early start, at 7:30 which I was of course not a fan of but I was certainly won over quickly.

As I stated in previous blogs, I am on a marketing course today and tomorrow that is call 95 percent share marketing and is based in Chicago. It has been one of the best days of my life (and that's saying quite a bit) and again it's not over yet. I am only on our 1.5 hours of break time before we head out to round two.

Now I could write for hours about everything I did but I will try to give you the highlights:

-Tour the grounds, executive suite and walk the field at Soldier Field, home of the Chicago bears.

- Tour and experience Chicago's museum of natural history. There I had the pleasure of meeting SUE, the largest full T-Rex fossil ever found, among many other cool things.




- Tour the Chicago board of trade and actually WALK THE TRADE FLOOR! It was sweet sweet chaos and for sure my favorite part of the day. I didn't get to take any photos but it was just like the climactic scene in Trading Places! Simply AMAZING. The public isn't aloud on the floor so it was a very rare and extremely exclusive experience.



- View and tour the Chicago cultural centre, formerly the public library, which is just full of gorgeous mosaic tiling and colours!



- Tour Wrigley field, including an exclusive visit to the Cubs locker rooms and a chance to chill in the DUG OUT.

- View the airshow from the sunny lake shore!



- Having chocolate strawberries waiting for me when I returned to my room at the Ritz.



- Just now a spa attendant came to my door to draw me a spa bath!

It is simply heaven. I hope this is not the last time I come to Chicago and stay at the Ritz.

Life is good...in great (yet comfortable) shoes.