Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here today, O'Hare tomorrow!


Today is my last day this week in the office, which is just as awesome as it sounds. I take off tomorrow morning to go to Chicago for a three day intensive marketing seminar called 95% share marketing. Needless to say I am more than excited. This program has been done by a handful of our upper management and received rave reviews so I am less sceptical than I would ordinarily be about a marketing seminar.


Many of the seminars out there are all about gimmicks, theories and motivational speakers. Coming straight out of university I don't really need anyone lecturing me about theories and ideas anymore. I need practical, tested, and honest lessons and observations that will directly equate to my job. So that's what I am hoping this upcoming seminar provides. My father (who has taken the course) assures me it will be 100% relevant so I am genuinely excited.


The best part of the whole thing to me is that as a part of this seminar I get to stay at the Ritz Carlton. That's a big deal. It makes me feel like a big deal. Be prepared for upcoming posts to include photos of the hotel, me basking in its luxury and my shoes marching across marbles floors.


For the next three days, it's the high life for me.... In great shoes.


Today, paired with magenta pink tights are a pair of black ankle boots I picked up for my birthday!