Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The end of an era.

With my departure only two days away now, people's attitudes towards me around the office have changed. Some reminisce about seeing me come in as a child to visit my dad or hang out in the boardroom, while others are asking what's next. That's the beauty of being involved in an organization for a long period of time, in my case since birth. You develop really lovely relationships with the people you work with and feel very supported by them.

That co-worker bond is something not easily duplicated, which in a way frightens me as I partake in this big move. I know everyone who works in this building and they know me in return. Moving to a branch where nobody knows a damn thing about me except that I am the president's daughter is daunting. I know I will be getting judged for the name attached to me. I know there are assumptions that have been made about how I will interact with everyone there. I also know they are almost all wrong.

My prime goal of going to Calgary is to work my ass off and make a splash. It may be little at first but with time I know I will not be adhering to standards, but setting them. I will make sure to build a reputation based on reliability and superb work ethic. All that and being known for the most fabulous footwear for kilometers around, of course.

As a side note, I would like to state that my life is gradually being packed up into boxes in preparation for their shipment Friday morning. It's awesome packing things up because I rediscover things from drawers, closets or cupboards that I haven't seen in ages. I have found some really great stuff that I own. It reaffirms my great taste.

On the other hand, it is an odd feeling knowing that everything I own can be packed up into roughly 10 boxes. A small quantity for a girl with such a large personality.

So here's to making a splash...In great shoes.



Today, the splash has been made in the office by my pink glittery peep toe heels. They are so fun that they literally make me smile every time I look down at them. :)