Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Tuesday Techonological Triumph

Today was a good day. Its always nice to be able to start a post that way.

After having returned from Chicago this weekend (pictures to be posted soon), Monday was all about catching up and getting back on track, so that is the summation of my yesterday.

My today however was more noteworthy. With the upcoming move approaching at light speeds, I have been trying to sort out any issues concerning my work devices before leaving the province and therein our Information Systems department. My laptop presented no serious issues, but my new (to me) Blackberry was running on 2005 software which is an issue because we all know I am a 2010 kind of girl. So after much struggle trying to get all the correct clearances to download, speaking to the appropriate people and rebooting my device a handful of time we have finally achieved success. My Blackberry has just been introduced to 2010 and I think it is enjoying its new contemporary lifestyle.

Corporate technology always presents hurdles for its users, I presume as a test of patience or just to make sure my day cannot pass TOO easily. Be it e-mail failures, Blackberry issues, outages, updates or random bugs, it always seems to be something. Though for every system failure there is a success like mine today - where something works as its supposed to. Days like today are good days.

I can now go back to participating in my handheld social life, which I assure you it is quite the Network.

I have forgotten my camera today - so there is no photo but for your information I am wearing my Greek silver sandals. They look great with a pair of wide leg gray pants with white pinstripes. Tomorrow I am debuting my newest pair of shoes, coming to us all the way from the UK so stay tuned, its going to be another great day...In great shoes.